The close by ski resorts have closed after a fabulous season. But Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows are open on weekends until maybe July. BUT the beach at Incline is now open, I’ve seen people swimming already and our kids spend the afternoon making sand castles. Most of the hiking trails are mostly free from snow, but there is still a little left to play in.
We are well over average for snow fall for the year, with some of the lightest and best powder that we have seen in years!
The rest of the season is looking very good, excellent coverage, great skiing in the trees!
After a great season at Diamond Peak and Mt Rose, skiing continues at Squaw and Alpine Meadows well into the summer. They are only 45 minutes away, and after skiing, you can come back and spend the afternoon at Incline Beach!
- Sat. Dec. 8th-2018/ Pink Talking Fish + After Party w/ Tracorum – In the Crystal Bay Club Casino Crown Room -21+ On Sale Now!
- Wed. Dec. 12th-2018/ “An Evening With” Chris Robinson Brotherhood + After Party w/ The Higgs – In the Crystal Bay Club Casino Crown Room – 21+ On Sale Now!
- Fri. Dec. 14th-2018/ Tatanka – Free! In the Crystal Bay Club Casino Red Room- 21+
- Sat. Dec. 15th-2018/ Blackalicious w/ ELZO + After Party w/ Glass Tung- In the Crystal Bay Club Casino Crown Room- 21+ On Sale Now!
- Fri. Dec. 21st-2019/ Dean O Holics- Rat Pack Christmas(Seated Show) – In The Crystal Bay Club Casino Crown Room- 21+ On Sale Now!
- Friday Dec. 21st-2019/ Funksalot b2b (All Good Funk Alliance ) Free In the Crystal Bay Club Casino Red Room- 21
- Sat. Dec. 22nd-2018/ WORMHOLE – Tahoe ft. tba – Free! In the Crystal Bay Club Casino Red Room- 21+
- Sun. Dec. 23rd-2019/ The Golden Cadillacs – Free In the Crystal Bay Club Casino Red Room -21+
- Mon. Dec. 24th-2019/ ZoSo & Tengen – Free In the Crystal Bay Club Red Room -21+
- Tues. Dec. 25th-2019/ “Annual Christmas Show” Hellbound Glory – Free! In the Crystal Bay Club Casino Red Room-21+S
For Pizza in Incline Village, MoFo’s is the classic Italian and the local institution. There is a dough bar to keep the kids occupied playing with the pizza dough while they watch the pizza being made. They also have a salad bar. This is the place the locals go after soccer games.
Jiffy’s Pizza has a more east coast pizza style and home made ice cream. They also deliver!
Rookies Sports Bar also has great pizza and has the advantage that it is always open.
Short guide to Dining Out in Incline Village.
Many places are closed Mondays, especially in the off season. If it’s midnight, Rookies and the Hyatt Casino are pretty much your best bet.
For your fancy night out, check out Bite (no reservations unless you have six people), Soule Domain (in a real log cabin, reservations strongly suggested), or the Lone Eagle Grill – great views right on the lake, great food, great wine, impressive final check). Our other restaurant and bar with a view of Lake Tahoe is the Big Water Grille near the bottom of Diamond Peak Ski Resort.
Other places to try include Austin’s which has good food but really outstanding salads (try the beet salad for lunch).
Coffee: We have Starbucks, but check out IV Coffee Labs for the local experience. Tunnel Creek is great for breakfast and lunch and a great place to start and end your hike and see the great lake views (the restaurant is the trail head). You can also organize your mountain bike excursion there.
For Pizza, MoFo’s is the classic Italian and the local institution. It is where everyone goes after the soccer game. There is a dough bar to keep the kids occupied playing with dough. Jiffy’s Pizza is more east coast. Also, Jiffy’s delivers! Rookies has great pizza and is always open.
Most restaurants have bars. Bite’s is particularly nice, While Crosby’s Tavern is a classic bar/restaurant. Lone Eagle is the most upscale bar, right on the water. Alibi Aleworks is the village brewpub so if you are looking for the locally made beer, this is your place. Rookies the sports bar if you have to catch the game – they have 30 televisions. Brewfora has a huge beer selection, great food, industrial atmosphere. If you want wine tasting – then Glasses is your destination (near the Post Office). The Local (next to Bite) is the local hangout. The Paddle Wheel Saloon is the most old style village saloon (next to Austin’s and the Hyatt). The Village Pub is also a local favorite. The last two have darts.
Smoking is allowed in bars, but not all restaurants. This is not California. Smoking is not allowed at Pinnacles Chalet. We liked the lack of smoking in California. As my grandfather said when asked if he smoked, “I never got that hot.”
The Classical Tahoe’s 7th season has ended. There was a great review (see below). Our family went to all the concerts. In the fall and winter, the Reno Philharmonic picks up the baton.
The Crystal Bay Casino has a wide variety of shows in a standing venue that feels a little like the House of Blues.